Friday 26 October 2007

Upskirt

I don’t know how many of you are reading X-Men Die By The Sword. Seeing as the readership for both Exiles and New Excalibur is fairly low and tends to be the same people, I doubt it's a whole lot of you.

Half of the people seem to like it as it’s a Claremont book, while the other half seem to read it too bash it. I don’t want to do either. I do feel Claremont hasn’t hit one out of the park with me since X-Treme X-Men but he is one of my favourite all time writers so I won’t sit around pulling him apart.

What I do want to talk about is this art. I respect artists so much because they can do something I could never even dream of doing, I find art so hard. I can see what I want to in my head but getting on paper is impossible.

So the guy doing it, Juan Santacruz, is far more talented than I can dream of. With that being said there are some brutal panels in this book. It’s not they lack talent it’s just they make me embarrassed to me a comic reader.

From the looks of things the letterer has had to do anything he can to cover up this “upskirt” shots. While he’s done the best this just seems to add more attention to this immature cheesecake shots.

What are these shots meant to add? I’d argue nothing. This guy can draw superheroes. He can draw a fight and he can pay stuff out just fine. These three panels take so much away from his work. It’s a shame he feels the need to draw these.

It’s really pathetic. I expect more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really can't understand your point here.

This guy can draw superheroes. He can draw a fight and he can pay stuff out just fine. These three panels take so much away from his work.

Why?

It’s a shame he feels the need to draw these.

And why, again?

I found it rather funny, and have no problem at all with this kind of stuff (don't mind if it's girls or boys). I think the artist just wanted to make some fun to the fact that superpeople's clothes strip during fights but always remain covering "delicate" body parts, which is rather unreal.

Funny videos said...

It is adult cartoons.Children are advice to not see that cartons.