Wednesday 29 August 2007

Be Still My Beating Heart

I haven't got much to say today. That's mostly because I'm working on a blog, which will take a bit of research to finish off, and I didn't want to just pick something to bitch about to fill another post. I've done quiet a bit of bitching so far and I don't think it reflects my experience with comics. I'm hoping when I get my comics this week there will be plenty of things for me to discuss, rather then just attacking a comic subject.

I've also been trying to finish Superman Returns for the X-Box 360 to review it but my one month old 360 has broken... twice.

Anyway, one thing I did want to celebrate was the just announced return of John Romita JR to the Amazing Spider-Man in late 2008.

Apparently he’s one of the new rotating artists and his first arc is set to be Dan Slott.

I’ve been dreaming of this for years. If this is how the new Spider-Man book is going to be all the time with top writers and artists (Except Wells and Bachelo, natch) I think I’m going to be in paradise. I’ll be poor but it’ll be paradise none the less.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like JRJR, although he doesn't seem to be too fond of us over at Doomkopf. I'm happy to see him back on Spidey.

Crimbo said...

I loved it when he appeared on your site to argue about the criticism about him.

Heh.

Are you in for the new thrice montly Amazing Spider-Man?

Anonymous said...

Of course. I'm a Spidey junkie. I'm amazed I've been able to not buy Sensational for so long, but I guess Reggie Hudlin will do that to you.

Crimbo said...

Ah, Reggie. I'll admit he's improved but those first few arcs on Spider-Man and Black Panther are brutal.

It also didn't help if you criticised his work he called you racist.