Friday 31 August 2007

GUGGENHEIM!

What a crap title I hear you say? Well yes it is but Wolverine has been so bad under the pen of Jeph Loeb (although beautiful under Simone Bianchi’s pencil) that GUGGENHEIM’s name deserves to be a title all by itself. He also deserves his name to said in capitals… GUGGENHEIM!!!

I like Wolverine as a character. In today’s comics world that comment can get you killed. I will add the stipulation to my liking him, that of I don’t like him being overused to extent every story he appears in is worthless as no one can do anything meaningful with him but thankful that has calmed down a bit. He only appears in two solo ongoing books and two team books now. A slight improvement over four team books and an ongoing.

GUGGENHEIM produced one of the finest Wolverine solo arcs in a long time with his Civil War tie in so I am welcoming him back with open arms. I wish he had never left the title to make way for Loeb and his evolved wolfmen. That arc was a horrible disaster and should never be mentioned again.

If you’ve dropped Wolverine after the horrendous arc or have never bought a Wolverine, or indeed any, book by GUGGENHEIM do yourself a favour and pick up Wolverine #57 next week.

Weclome back GUGGENHEIM, please don't ever leave us again.

No comments: